A story that touched my heart

 My class was studying about butterflies.  One of my parents had bought our class caterpillars so the children could see them grow into a butterfly.  My Class was learning how to feed a butterfly and their lifespan. When the caterpillar turns into a cocoon, the children wanted to know how long it will take them to turn into a butterfly. So went to purchases a book about butterfly's and read it to them so we could learn how to take care of our butterflies. One of the students brought in orange to feed the butterflies because they like citrus. It was time to let the butterflies go. I took the children outside to release the butterflies. I notice one of my student at the time was crying. I asked  "why she was crying." She replied" that the butterfly is going to die because it been five days and it only has five days to live."  I asked her if she wanted to draw a picture of the butterfly so she could always remember the butterfly.  This story still touches my heart that a student could get a attached.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NAEYC and DEC OF ETHICS